WHAT WE DO
Why we are here
Brightly is a small, independent Jersey charity that provides support to children and young people living in care, leaving care, or who are experiencing adversity.
All money raised by Brightly either stays in Jersey for the benefit of Island residents or can be applied in cases where local children and young people have to be cared for off-island.
Brightly awards grants to children and young people from birth to 25 years who are being looked after in States care or are leaving care, as well as others who are suffering adversity and are in need. Our support is intended to create positive experiences and opportunities for children and young people with the aim of helping individuals move towards independence.
Our vision is for all care experienced children and young people living in Jersey to realise their full potential regardless of ability or background.
To find out more and to keep up-to-date with current news and events please visit or our Facebook page: Facebook/BrightlyJersey
Brightly offers wide-ranging support from birth to age 25, including:
- Financial or material help for care leavers with:
- Independence e.g. driving lessons, household items
- Wellbeing e.g. doctor, dentist, optician appointments and gym membership
- Education / further education or employment e.g. educational courses, work clothing, laptop/computer and educational items such as a camera for a photography course
- Graduation grants
- Independent moving on grants (for care leavers up to the age of 25)
- Support for children of care leavers
- £ for £ matching scheme for items such as mobile telephones
- Memberships for leisure activities, e.g. aMaizin Adventure Park, Merton Aquadome
- 21st birthday gifts for care leavers
- Items or goods not provided by the States of Jersey as the Corporate Parent (e.g. laptop/computer, holiday) to children and young people in residential care (including those placed off-island)
- Christmas gifts (vouchers) for young people in residential care and care leavers.
- Nursery fees for the children of care leavers
The charity does not support applications for goods or services that are included in grants or benefits readily available from the States of Jersey.
Our support makes a real difference to the life experiences of children and young people who are in need. There are also less obvious but equally important benefits that result from our work, such as greater social inclusion, financial independence, personal growth and development and less reliance on benefit systems.
Seeking mentoring and support for people with care experience.